This interactive workshop is designed to help participants get out of the box of thinking of presentations as only being PowerPoints or panels; they’ll leave equipped to deliver engaging virtual education sessions.
Because it’s difficult for people to understand what such sessions look like without experiencing them, we’ll use a two-for-one approach: participants will develop innovative and engaging presentation concepts for their own sessions by experiencing new and different formats themselves during the workshop. This also captures some of the magic that’s often lost with online conferences: the ability to really connect with one’s professional peers via face-to-face conversation, rather than just being passively presented to.
This session will do the following:
- Teach participants a half dozen effective online presentation formats and techniques they can use, replicate and adapt in their own virtual community outreach sessions and events.
- Help participants find formats that increase audience engagement while decreasing their work/prep time.
- Provide hands-on learning for participants to create, adapt or reinvent their own individual presentations for community outreach.
- Allow attendees to meet each other and get peer feedback on their own presentations and events.
- Give attendees a sense of confidence and excitement about doing their own online presentations.
WORKSHOP LEADER: Lee Gimpel, Founder, Better Meetings